Sunday, May 19, 2013

Quickfire Reviews: The Hunger Games & Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins


Best book ever!!! The book is perfectly paced and intriguing, keeping me on the precipice of my seat for every single turn of the page. Just a flawlessly executed story that I'm hooked to read the rest of the trilogy. If you want to read a good book with action, hearts. and romance,this book will not disappoint!

Finally, I finished the second book in the Hunger Games Trilogy: Catching Fire! I have to say it is not as good as the first book. However, it satisfies me just like the first installment once the actions start rolling and I'm taken on the roller-coaster ride for a second time. The main problem of this book is Katniss' characterization in the beginning and the pacing. Katniss is very irritating at the start. She constantly pours her feelings out for the readers to read: her dilemmas of whether she should love Peeta or Gale. It becomes very whinny and I just can't stay in her head anymore. The pacing is horrible, actually. It takes about 3/5 of the book (or a bit less, I just can't remember how long it took for the story to pick up speed) for things to get interesting. The actions only begin when Katniss and Peeta reenter the arena and I'm reunited with my love of this series: the adrenaline rush that courses through me as I follow the protagonists on the journey to their survival. It is that feeling that it's once again a fight for survival and freedom that the story begins to engulf me whole and I could not stop reading! From there on, I am in love with this trilogy again. The twists and turns, the alliances, the betrayal, the misunderstanding and the surprises make up for some of the disappointment I am treated to in the beginning. I will definitely read the next novel and see what things await for our heroine---Katniss Everdeen.

No comments:

Post a Comment